Without the church, the culture doesn't know who it is or who it should become. In Revelation 1:20, the seven churches that would be addressed in chapters 2-3 were called 'Lampstands." Today, we take a look at what it means for Church on the Hill to be a Lampstand as we shine a light on what has been sacrificed. This also means we are a light to our homes. We pray that Jesus fills us up with the light of Christ so that we may not walk in darkness and be that light to those in need.
Group Life Questions:
1. Being your time together by praying for one another.
2. Discuss the quote from Will Williamon and whether or not it is still applicable to our times today: "Rather, the world needs the church, because, without the church, the world doesn't know who it is."
3. In Revelation 1:20, the churches were called the Lampstands. What did this mean for them and what does this mean for us at Church on the Hill?
4. Being that we are strategically placed where we are as a church, what can we do to reach more people in our community for Christ?
5. What does it mean to you to shine the light of Christ in your home?
6. Pray this verse in closing: John 8:12 - I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but have the light of life.